JOB TITLE: Drafter
REPORTS TO: Engineering Team Lead
A. Purpose and Scope:
Provide support to Engineering department by prompt and accurate completion of specific tasks as given by the Engineering Manager. Be available for various tasks to support the engineers with projects and design work. Provide intern with professional learning environment relative to their field of study. Drafter will also be exposed to production, purchasing, and other elements of the business that are associated with design and engineering functions.
B. Essential Functions:
Produce production drawings. Contact vendors on obtaining component drawings. Meet with Engineering Manager to gain understanding of lean production procedures as they relate to quality component and unit drawings.
C. Specific Tasks/Activities for Position
- Produce fabrication and assembly drawings to complete an entire Sage Oil Vac unit.
- Complete individual component modeling.
- Model components and assemblies of trucks, trailers, and skids in SolidWorks.
- Complete drawings, models, and design updates as assigned based on timeline given by manager.
- Project drawings and vetting changes.
- Contact assigned vendors to obtain component drawings not in SOV library.
- Work with Sales/Design team on Design Specs as required by customer orders.
- Learn how Sage Oil Vac systems are manufactured to gain understanding of the importance for accurate component and other design drawings.
- Ensure that ‘Engineering Change Requests’ are handled, and necessary changes are made in a timely fashion.
- Make required changes to WorkWise software as required.
- Other duties assigned.
D. Job Requirements
Education and Training: Completion or working towards an Associate Degree in Drafting.
Technical Requirements: CAD DESIGN.
E. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.