JOB TITLE: Parts & Customer Service Representative
DEPARTMENT: Parts & Customer Service
REPORTS TO: Parts & Customer Service Manager
A. Purpose and Scope:
Under the direction of the Parts & Customer Service Manager this position will interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about finished goods, parts, and services. The Parts & Customer Service Representative will be responsible for handling and resolving incoming customer complaints.
B. Specific Tasks for Position
- Take customer service calls and work with customer to resolve issues and system problems.
- Proactively contact customers who leave voicemails or send emails in response to inquiries to notify them of solutions to operational issues, warranty solutions or other appropriate actions.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to Customer Service Manager for further investigation and resolution.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Occasional sales interactions and handling.
- Respond to phone calls, data-posts, and other inquiries regarding finished goods equipment sales.
- Take sales calls that come into the office requesting parts.
- Prepare quotes as needed for parts and finished goods equipment sales inquiries.
- Solicit sale of new or additional services or products to any customers that are assisted with customer service issues.
- Assist walk-in customers with part sales.
- Occasional travel.
- Pulls and ships parts.
- Assembles parts needed for shipments.
- Maintain the parts area.
- Assist in inventory counts and stock levels.
- Other duties assigned.
C. Job Requirements
Education and Training: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Agricultural Business & Economics or related field Preferred. High School diploma required.
Experience: 2 to 3 years minimum experience in a customer service role.
Technical Requirements: Proficient in Excel with the ability to learn proprietary software.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations: Willingness to acquire CDL.
D. Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.